We have two fun activities going on in 1st Grade Music right now.
Learning the school songs (SURE Song, National Anthem, Bulldog Boogie) and sharing them with our Music Buddies.
Exploring Instruments of the Orchestra
Introducing the Orchestra and four instrument families
Exploring the Brass Instruments
- French Horn
Coming Soon: Exploring the String Instruments (Violin, Viola, Cello, String Bass)
Here are two wonderful examples we found on YouTube:
- Good Orchestra Example: “Pirates of the Caribbean” (Auckland Symphony Orchestra)
- Good Brass Example: “Fanfare for the Common Man” (New York Philharmonic)
It might be fun to watch these short videos with your child, and see what they remember or know about the various instruments. Which are most interesting to them? Would they like the job of being the conductor??
Please stay in touch, with concerns, questions and/or suggestions. If you have any experience and would like to volunteer to demonstrate any of these instruments, I guarantee you play better than I do! But I am a risk-taker, so it's all good.
Please be sure to contact me with any concerns, questions or suggestions you have!
- School Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music Room Phone: (760) 726-2170 Ext. 44316
- Ms Jorstad's Website: www.JorstadMusic.com